Nianya's Search Engine

Custom Search

Nianya's Twitter Updates

Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Anything is Possible if you Dare to Dream

February 9, 2009

Some people just need to Get a Clue. . .

As the mother of two special needs children the past several days have been typically over stressful. It started last week on the way to my son's pre-op.
  • My daughter's ortho called to remind me that we missed her appt. and to tell me that I owe a $35 missed appt. fee. I say, I think not, my son is having surgery on Friday, give me a break.
  • At pre-op, we learn that my son has pneumonia and his surgery has to be postponed.
  • We go to urgent care for a chest x-ray and they tell us he has to stay home for 5 days.
  • I fax the doctor's excuse to the school and get a call the next night telling me that my son missed school that day. YAH THINK!
  • My son finally goes back to school today and comes home with a note from the P.E. teacher saying he's in trouble for not wearing tennis shoes at P.E. again (HELLO he has pneumonia.)
  • And, to top it all off, my son is now reacting to his antibiotic.

I was going to throw the P.E. teacher's note in the trash and pretend I never saw it, but, in my current mood, I'm seriously thinking about responding:

GET A CLUE!!! My asthmatic, ASD/ADHD son has PNEUMONIA! The last thing he needs is P.E. right now.

If the teacher is lucky, I will calm down by tomorrow. If not, C'est la vie!

Nianya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments