Nianya's Search Engine

Custom Search

Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Anything is Possible if you Dare to Dream

May 12, 2008

What's this world coming to. . .

I really have to wonder when a 30-something stay-at-home Mom of one (very beautiful) child makes 40K a month on advertising just for dissing parenthood.

She has a book deal, she's on the Today Show and she's going on Nightline. What the heck????

Obviously, we live in an upside-down world where trash talks. Unfortunately for special needs parents, trash talk doesn't pay our bills.

My blogs about various SNK Parenting moments are chock full of dry humour, very cynical and often whinny, but don't think for a moment that I don't thank God each and every day for the children I worked so hard to have. They're not perfect, but what kid is.

I could talk all about the 2 years it took us to potty train each child, but who cares, when my oldest is Autistic and my youngest used to be lucky if he went 4 weeks without a bad Asthma attack. And by bad, I mean, waking up in the middle of the night unable to breathe.

As for post-partum depression, BTDT, didn't have time for it.

My premature son was in the NICU and, when he came home, we had to feed him $25/can hypo-allergenic formula, because he couldn't tolerate milk formula, soy formula or B-milk (can't mention that word on my blog without becoming the pot calling the kettle black).

Apparently Walmart and Hewlett-Packard care, because they supposedly support trash talk by advertising on www.dooce.com.

That really bites, since I regularly shop at Sam's Club and I'm sitting here writing this blog on an HP Pavilion laptop.

I do have dedicated readers and I'm thankful for every one of you, but here's my challenge. Forward this blog to everyone you know and ask them to do the same. Once the word gets out, maybe this blog will attract advertisers that care more about the content than the number of trash-talk based hits.

As for other big-name companies, such as Fox, CBS, Microsoft, Amazon.com, Costco, BJ's Wholesale Club and Target, I challenge you to place ads on this site.

All of the revenue from my blog goes to Liveover Ministries, a non-profit organization, which helps parents of special needs and underprivileged children pay for necessary medical care, home and car repairs and recreational sports activities.

Let's put an end to sponsoring trash talk.

Nianya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments