Nianya's Search Engine

Custom Search

Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Anything is Possible if you Dare to Dream

March 11, 2009

Brighten Academy Cape Canaveral Day 1 - The BUS


After spending 11 hours on a bus with 60+ middle schoolers, I have learned that they have an entire world of their one: language, technology, speech. . .you name it.

True, one of these kids is my 13-year-old daughter, but she is autistic, so this was my first real dose of Middle School 101.

As you can see from the pictures, they are a lively bunch. I expected to have to listen to my I-pod non-stop at full volume. I actually only had it on for 2-3 hours total during the trip.
It was a beautiful sunny day, the kids were relatively well behaved, on and off the bus, I learned that Nintendo DS allows wi-fi chats between buses (which is not necessarily a good thing), even on the highway, and I re-learned the meaning of the word patience.

No, I'm not talking about the kids. I'm talking about the most awaited event of this trip:

THE SHUTTLE LAUNCH

I was so psyched to photograph and videotape the launch tonight, only to find out at 3 pm that the mission was scrubbed for today and rescheduled for tomorrow.

That was a real bummer at first, since Kennedy Space Center is closed for the launch.

Then we got word that Kennedy agreed to let us come, because we already have tickets, and said we can stay and view the shuttle from there, if it launches tomorrow night.

I'm thinking it's providence. Surely I can't be this lucky and have the rug pulled back out. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for these kids.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE launch tomorrow night.


At least we get to see the shuttle on the launch pad. Unfortunately, I think that means that we will not be able to go to Merritt Island, since it will remain closed.

As they say, tomorrow is another day and an exciting one.

Nianya

1 comment:

  1. This is Kelsey from Brighten Academy. i had so much fun on the trip! Thank You so much for taking such great pictures! I enjoyed Sea World! Shamu is so Cute! Thank You again! Best wishes!
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete

Comments